Friday, July 17, 2015

Are you being poisoned by this silent killer?

It’s pretty safe to say that the average person isn’t knowingly trying to poison themselves. 

But unfortunately, there is a silent, deadly toxin all around us that is wreaking havoc with the health and lives of countless people…and they don’t even know it!

All they know is they are suffering and chances are excellent that no one can figure out why.

That deadly toxin is mercury.

Let’s talk about this potentially lethal element that’s affecting increasing numbers of people—what it really is, the problems it can cause, and what you can do to help remove it and its deadly effects from your body.

Mercury—the basics
Mercury (Hg) is one of the basic chemical elements…but it's anything but "basic." 

Instead it has shown itself to be a carcinogen (cancer-causing substance), a mutagen (something that causes dangerous changes to your cellular DNA) and a potent neurotoxin (meaning it has a poisonous effect on your brain and central nervous system).

Mercury occurs in four forms:
  •          Pure mercury -also known as metallic or elemental mercury.  This is the kind of mercury           you see in an old-fashioned thermometer.
  •        Mercury vapor-this is created when pure mercury evaporates.
  •        Inorganic mercury or mercury salts
  •         Organic mercury-when mercury combines with carbon.  This is by far the most deadly form     of mercury, otherwise known as methylmercury.
So what's the issue?
The reason mercury is so dangerous is it bio-accumulates, meaning your body holds on to it, it's difficult to eliminate and it increases its concentration over time.  So even small exposure can become potentially dangerous to your health.

Here are the primary health concerns associated with mercury:
  • Mercury binds to many tissue enzymes and proteins, and thereby causes direct damage to your cells and their functions. This damage can be drastic and eventually lead to failure of organ systems such as the lungs, kidneys and especially the nervous system.
  • Excess mercury exposure can cause mental dysfunction, fatigue, poor memory, decreased senses of touch, hearing and vision, ringing/noise in the ears, depression, emotional problems, neurological and muscular disorders, kidney and gastrointestinal problems, infertility and heart disease. Effects can include coma and death in some cases.
  • Mercury acts as an immunosuppressant in the body, weakening your immune system and encouraging the development of autoimmune conditions. 
  • It can cross the placenta and lead to birth defects and neurological problems in babies.
Here's an interesting tidbit: The expression "Mad as a Hatter" originated in the 1800's from the observation that hat makers who used mercury to process felt hats often developed mental changes.

How do I get exposed to begin with?                                      
The most common sources of mercury exposure are:
  • Food (especially from large carnivorous fish like swordfish)
  • Smoking cigarettes
  • Air (due to emissions into the air from fossil fuel plants and waste incinerators)
  • Water (heavy metals seep into the water supply through human activity such as industrial and consumer waste, mining, agriculture, manufacturing and landfills)
  • Dental amalgam fillings
Mercury has also been detected in high fructose corn syrup, and heaven knows that’s in practically every processed food imaginable.

In addition, mercury has also been detected in these common products:

  • Paints
  • Lumber
  • Fungicides
  • Water-resistant fabrics
  • Chlorine bleach
How you can help reduce YOUR risk
Here are some very important measures you can take to help reduce your exposure to mercury as well as help counteract its harmful effects in YOU:

1) Do the avoid-dance
Try to limit your exposure to known sources of mercury. 

If you smoke, please quit.  I know it’s extremely difficult but millions of people have done it before you.  Get help if you need it. 

Use chemical-free, chlorine-free, biodegradable laundry and household cleaning products whenever possible.

Use filtered water for drinking and bathing.

Avoid the following types of fish: Tuna, sea bass, marlin, pike, shark, oysters, halibut, walleye, largemouth bass, swordfish or farmed fish.

Avoid synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.

Request that your dentist use composite materials in any fillings in place of silver amalgam.  If he won't do it, find a dentist that will.

And if you have a good number of amalgam fillings in your mouth now, consider having them removed and replaced with composites. 

2) Consider chelation therapy
Chelation therapy helps clear heavy metals from your body.  It can be done by an IV or with oral chelators (especially the amino acid DMPS).  DMPS pulls the metals out of your cells, tissues and organs and puts them into general circulation so your body can eliminate them. 

3) Have a healthy diet of real foods and efficient digestion
The vitamins and minerals found in real foods are essential for your body to be able to rid itself of mercury. 

When your nutrient levels are low, mercury has much greater access to your cells and can even "lock out" your nutrients as it starts on its path of damage and disease. 

Plus adequate fiber is crucial.  Fiber binds to heavy metals like mercury and helps sweep them out of your body.

The Great Taste No Pain system can help you enjoy delicious meals featuring real foods that are fiber-rich and help promote efficient digestion and elimination of wastes.

Or, if you have a gluten challenge, Great Taste No Gluten is for you.

Both Great Taste No Pain and Great Taste No Gluten show you what foods to pair together to support more comfortable, easy digestion and to encourage better nutrient absorption. 

Plus the recipe sections in both systems give you delicious ideas for enjoying good-for-you foods that support your body in eliminating mercury. 

You'll be shocked at how tasty eating for great health can be!

4) Consider probiotic supplementation
Probiotics help the digestive process, strengthen your gut wall and encourage regular bowel movements--which are all vital to eliminating mercury.

Plus probiotics can help counteract any effects that mercury may have already had on challenging and weakening your immune system.

And Super Shield multi-strain probiotic formula is a probiotic that's up to the challenge.

Super Shield's 13 strains of feisty, potent bacteria are ready to line your intestinal wall, helping to make it stronger and less porous...so mercury stands a better chance of getting swept away with your bowel movements instead of being reabsorbed into your system!

Plus your immune system will appreciate the beneficial bacteria boost to help it recover from mercury exposure, as well as making you less susceptible to infections and viruses of all kinds.

Now you know how to avoid mercury and give your body the help it needs to counteract and eliminate that health-wrecking monster.

And keep you and your kids feeling good for years to come!

To your health,

Sherry Brescia

PS: We're on Facebook! Like us here: - https://www.facebook.com/HolisticBlends

Follow me on Twitter @sherry_brescia and Instagram @sherrybrescia

PPS: I am available for bookings as a speaker! For more details go to: http://www.holisticblends.com/category-s/1855.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

To order call 1-888-724-4366